This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
If you’re a member of the boy scouts, you probably consider yourself an ‘outdoorsy’ person. While you may be an expert at survival skills, it can still be difficult to choose the right tent, especially if you’re new.
Luckily, we have put together this amazing article for you.
You’ll discover the 7 best tents for boy scouts; as well as how to choose the right one.
Selecting the right tent is a little different than if you were going on an overnight camping trip. As a boy scout, you’re going to be using the same tent for a long period of time, so you need something that is durable and lasts for years to come.
7 Best Tents For Boy Scouts
As a boy scout, you need a tent that is lightweight, compact, and easy to set up…
The Forceatt Tent provides all three of these things.
What’s more, it can accommodate up to two people, which is great if you’re joining the boy scouts with your brother or close relative; however, if you like your privacy, we recommend getting your own tent.
- 👍【Tents For Camping 2 Person】: With two D-Shaped doors and two vestibules to accommodate up to two people. Weight: 5.5lb(2.5kg). Interior floor dimensions: 88.6x53.1in(225x135cm), interior...
- 👍【PROFESSIONAL WATERPROOF & WINDPROOF】: By a professional water testing, waterproof index up to 3000mm; Welded floor design elevates the bottom of the backpacking tent to protect you from wet...
- 👍【EASY SETUP】:Easy Install in 3 mins. It takes only a few simple steps to set up a perfect tent. It comes with 7001 series aluminum poles and eflective guyline for wind-resistance. Smooth &...
With that being said, even though this tent is designed for two people, it also works great for one person.
The lightweight and simple design also mean it’s super easy to set up. In fact, one person can install it in as little as three minutes!
The last thing you need is to find a campsite and spend 30 minutes setting everything up.
In addition, once the tent has been set up, it remains sturdy thanks to the lock function which helps it resist strong winds.
Once you’ve finished camping, the Forceatt Tent can be folded down and stored in a small white carry bag. If you’ve been a boy scout for a while, you know how important it is to keep everything as compact as possible.
- Super-easy set up
- Includes a carry bag
- Sturdy in strong winds
- The flooring isn’t very thick
Coleman is known for producing some of the best camping tents on the market, but have they got any tents perfect for a boy scout?
Of course they have…
The Coleman Sundome Tent.
- Dome tent with a sturdy frame that withstands 35+ mph winds
- Easy setup in only 10 minutes. Good for backpacking
- Weathertec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams to keep you dry
It’s available in both navy blue, or light green. We love the light green color as it’s more geared towards camping.
What’s more, it has a great WeatherTec System, so you’ll have excellent protection if it starts to rain.
The inside has multiple accessories which will enhance your camping experience. Sown into the tent walls are multiple storage pockets where you can keep your personal belongings.
There is also an E-port that lets you charge your electronic devices from within the tent; however, you’re probably not going to be spending all day on your phone in the boy scouts.
Furthermore, if you’re camping in the Summer, the large windows and ground vents push warm air out of the tent, keeping you warm all night long.
Once your camping trip is over, store everything in the carry bag provided. You’ll also get an extra storage bag for the poles and stakes.
- Well-known brand
- Available in multiple colors
- Added protection from rain
- Multiple storage bags
- Not recommend for camping in cold weather
The Timberline Outfitter isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing tent on the market; however, that doesn’t take away from its great performance.
It comes in two sizes — four-person or six-person. If you’re camping with up to three people, we recommend going for the smaller size.
On the flip side, the larger tent is great for up to five people. The reason we don’t advise trying to fill your tent to the brim is because you won’t have any space left over for your personal belongings.
- Strong, weatherproof, and spacious, the Eureka! Timberline SQ Outfitter 4 sleeps up to four people in its A-frame structure.
- Eureka! 's proprietary SQ frame incorporates a mid-span spreader bar to increase the internal volume by 24 percent, creating more usable space for cots and gear.
- Lengthening the fly and extending the ends creates a pair of vestibule wings for added wet weather protection for the door and windows.
And it’s not like you can keep them outside, especially if it’s been raining.
The large D-shaped door provides a large enough entrance without the need to crawl into your tent. What’s more, there’s a large mesh window at the back of the tent, preventing mosquitoes from entering.
Furthermore, the inside doesn’t fail to disappoint either. It has two storage pockets where you can keep your personal belongings and is 144cm tall, so you’ll have enough headroom.
Not enough to stand up though unfortunately.
- Comes in two sizes
- Large D-shaped door
- Mesh window
- Two storage pockets
- Not the best-looking tent on the market
With a brand name like ‘Night Cat’, you can expect good things from this tent.
You can choose between blue, light green, orange, or pale green. Although we like to stick with tents that have a camping vibe, we have to say, the blue looks great on this one.
The simple design makes it super-lightweight and easy to set up, which is essential if you’re a boy scout. You need to be able to get shelter as fast and possible.
- 【Lightweight & Compact】 The backpacking tent only weighs 2KG(4.4lb) and the package size is quite compact, only 42 x12 x 12cm(16.5 x 4.7 x 4.7inches) thanks to the foldable fiberglass poles. Ideal...
- 【Easy Setup & Fast Take Down】 Manually setting up this camping tent is easy and fun, and it only takes about 1 minute to assemble. Taking down is also simple and quickly
- 【Waterproof & Windproof】 210D waterproof PED fabric PU 3000, oxford bottom fabric PU 3000, waterproof tape on every seam, to ensure the inside dome tent is totally dry under any rain situation...
Spending hours trying to put everything together isn’t the type of problem you want to be dealing with.
Furthermore, if a storm comes along, you can sleep well knowing you’re fully protected. Not only is this tent fully enclosed and waterproof, but it’s also designed with waterproof tape on every seam, giving you an extra layer of security.
Although highly unlikely, even if a storm does cause damage, you can contact Night Cat and they will provide you with a refund or replacement.
- 1 minute set up a time
- Fully enclosed and waterproof
- Waterproof tape on every seam
- Comes with a warranty
- Doesn’t come with a footprint
If your boy scout adventures involve camping in a tent by yourself, the Clostnature Backpacking tent is perfect. It’s super-lightweight and has plenty of space for one person.
To put it into perspective, it only weighs 3.7lbs…
That’s less than a bag of sugar?!
- 1 PERSON TENT: If trekking or backpacking personal in the backcountry, you’ll need a quality one person tent to keep you protected from the elements. 210T Polyester rain fly&bathtub with PU 5000...
- LIGHTWEIGHT: What factors should consider for the best 1 person tent? Weight and overall portability must be important factors to consider! This ultralight single person tent only weighs 3.7 lbs....
- QUICK SETUP&COMPACT: A solo tent should be very easy to erect and takedown. Free-standing and two Aluminum poles design for lightweight hiking tent’s fast pitching. Easily setup by one person with...
Let’s just say, you won’t have issues carrying it around with you. In fact, you probably won’t even notice the weight difference in your backpack.
Setting it up can be done by one person and shouldn’t take any longer than 3 minutes. The two lightweight poles make it effortless, regardless of your experience level.
This tent is so easy to set up, even a four-year-old could do it!
What’s more, the top half is made from mesh, providing great ventilation and preventing mosquitoes from entering. If it starts to rain, you can use the rainfly to protect you from the elements.
The design is second to none; however, if you do experience any issues, you’ll be happy to hear you get a pole repair kit included in your purchase, giving you peace of mind.
We’re sure figuring out how to use the repair kit shouldn’t be an issue for all you boy scouts out there!
- Weighs less than a bag of sugar
- Fast set up
- Mesh to prevent mosquitoes
- Includes a pole repair kit
- It only has enough space for one person
If you’re going to be camping in the Summer months, the Wakeman is the perfect tent for any boy scout. One of its main features is the ability to provide great ventilation, which is non-negotiable when the sun’s beating down on your tent.
That’s not the main reason we decided to include the Wakeman on this list. The reason we added it is because it has a large D-shaped door that’s made from mesh.
- 2 PERSON TENT- This lightweight two-person dome tent with a large D-style door has enough space for you and a friend. This compact tent is ideal for hiking, camping, a kid’s indoor or backyard play...
- CONVIENENT FEATURES- The 2-man tent features fiberglass poles, a removable rain fly, ventilation, and an interior storage pocket to keep your contents neat and organized while enjoying the great...
- DUAL LAYER DOOR- The combination of the inner screen layer and the outer zippered fabric layer of the tent door provide plenty of air flow as well as privacy. Simply bind the doors back with the sewn...
This is great for keeping insects and mosquitoes out of your tent, allowing you to sleep in peace. Not only that, but the mesh door provides exceptional ventilation.
Inside the tent is a storage pocket, allowing you to keep your personal belongings safe; however, it’s a little on the small side. We would have liked to see something a little bigger.
You’ll also get a portable storage bag with a handle strap. This ensures you’ll have no issue moving this tent between campsites.
- Perfect for the Summer months
- Great ventilation
- Mesh door
- Carry bag with handle
- The storage pocket isn’t very big
The KTK Oregon Tent is a great tent for boy scouts. It’s portable, compact, and lightweight enough to carry around with you.
Setting it up is quick, easy, and shouldn’t take any longer than five minutes using the pin-and-ring system.
The poles are made with Nano-Flex Technology. This ensures they stay connected, even in the harshest weather. You also get a rainfly that covers the whole tent, including the door.
- DESIGNED FOR QUICK & EASY ASSEMBLY – The Oregon 2-3 person tent is great for all the family. With easy assembly, the spacious one door tent weighs 6lbs with a comfortable floor size of 7ft x 5ft and...
- DOUBLE LAYER FULL COVERAGE RAINFLY – 100% waterproof 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane. 2500mm water column rainfly provides full coverage, while the heat-seamed thermoplastic coating...
- THICK NANO-FLEX TECHNOLOGY FRAME – Extra thick Nano-flex fiberglass poles interconnect with double gold chrome plated ferrule hardware and strong elastic, offering a sturdy construction. Made with...
Speaking of the door, it’s made from ultra-thin micro-mesh — the same material used for camping in the Amazon. With that in mind, you can be sure you’re getting nothing but the best with this tent.
The mesh door and windows are also great at keeping mosquitoes and other insects out of your tent…
Inside the tent is enough space for two people. You could squeeze in an extra person; however, you’re not going to have any space left over to move around.
- Lightweight and easy to move
- Pin-and-ring set up system
- Poles stay connected in all weather
- Micro-mesh windows and door
- Spacious enough for two people
What To Consider When Buying A Boy Scout Tent
Choosing the best tent for a boy scout isn’t as simple as looking at the best sellers on Amazon. They’re more things you need to consider.
Let’s take a look at them below…
Being in the boy scouts means you’re consistently moving from place to place. To ensure you can do this effectively, you need to choose a tent that is portable.
The best way to determine portability is using weight. If it’s heavier than 15 lbs, it’s best to look for something else.
A heavier tent is fine for normal camping, but not for boy scouts.
Number Of Boy Scouts
In some cases, you’re going to be sharing a tent with other boy scouts, especially if your close family are also members. For this reason, it’s important to choose a tent that is the right size.
Get one that’s too small and there will be no space to move around and store your personal belongings.
Choose one that’s too big and it’s going to be difficult to transport.
We understand sometimes it can be hard to determine a tent’s size from looking at a picture. That’s why we recommend going for one that can supposedly hold an extra person.
So, if you’re going to be sharing a tent with two people, try to get a three-person tent.
You can thank us later for the extra room!
Most tents come with a storage bag; nevertheless, you still need to think in terms of size.
Ask yourself these questions…
Will it fit in my backpack?
Does the shape make it difficult to carry?
Does the storage bag have a handle?
Ideally, you want the storage to be as small and lightweight as possible. That way, it’s going to fit snug in your backpack and won’t weigh you down.
Also, try to look for a storage bag with a carry bag. This makes the transportation process a lot easier.
Being a member of the boy scouts is about more than just surviving in the outdoors. At some point or another, you’re going to need a high-quality tent for shelter, especially if you’re in an area that frequently rains. Hopefully one of these tents for boy scouts will be just what you needed.