This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
If you’re looking to spend your next camping adventure with friends and family, then you’re going to need something a little bigger than your traditional 2 person dome tent.
That’s where a 4 man tent comes in…
A good 4 man tent gives you enough room to be able to move around in, and sleep comfortably.
The Eight Best 4 Man Tents
In this article, we are going to review the nine best 4 man tents for camping in 2021.
Taking the number one position on this list is the Toogh 3-4 Person Camping Tent. If there was one prominent feature that stood out, it would be the sheer strength of this tent.
It’s designed with polyester non-stretch fabric, with extra rip-stop, making this one of the most durable tents you can find.
If you’re going to take your chance at camping in harsh conditions, then it won’t let you down.
- ✅【Unique and fantastic design】The tent is Super easy to set up and take down in only 60 seconds，Simply lift up the top of the tent and it will automatic installation. Press the end of the pole...
- ✅【High Quality Waterproof Fabric】Outside tent with a waterproof level of 3000mm is made of 210D oxford fabric + Silicone Coating. The tent floor with a waterproof level of 10000mm is made of...
- ✅【100% Risk Free Pirchase】: Are you unsatisfied with the our tent? we offer 24-hour customer service and a 12-month satisfaction guarantee for a completely risk-free purchase. If there are any...
In addition, if you’re an experienced camper, then this tent shouldn’t take any longer than one minute to set up.
On the flip side, if you’re new to camping, then it’s probably going to take you about 5 minutes to get it up and running.
The great thing about this tent is it features two large doors, allowing air to constantly flow through, keeping you cool in those Summer months.
Also, the mesh windows prevent any mosquitos and bugs from entering, so you can enjoy a stress-free camping experience with the family.
If you’re still not convinced that this tent is right for you, then you’ll be glad to hear that it also includes a 12-month satisfaction guarantee, making it completely risk-free.
In terms of downsides, we discovered that it doesn’t include instructions on how to set up the rainfly.
- Fast and easy setup
- Two large doors
- Great ventilation
- Mesh windows
- No instructions on how to set up the rainfly
Ayamaya is a well-known brand that specializes in high-quality family camping equipment, so you know you’re in good hands with these guys.
The Ayamaya 4-Person Pop Up Tent is available in green, khaki, apple green, and blue.
With so many different color options available, it can be hard to choose; however, the apple green stands out as our personal favorite.
- [ Roomy Enough for 4-6 Person with Vestibule ] – This pop up tent has spacious interior:12.5 x 8.5 feet floor; Sleeps 5-6 adults in sleeping bags or 4-5 people with lots of luggage. Center Height:...
- [ Unique Double Layer – Prevent Condensation ] – This camping tents special designed with double layer, the inner layer and outer layer connected by hooks, which can effectively prevent...
- [ Easy Setup with Smaller Package ] – This quick setup tent with pre-assembled poles sets up in seconds. Simply open the bag and let go, making the pitching process easy and enjoyable. No need to...
Furthermore, this tent features a very spacious design and can hold up to 5 people, with luggage and camping equipment.
In fact, this tent has a separate room where you can store your equipment and personal belongings, providing you with extra living space.
In addition, there are also multiple storage pockets throughout where you can store your electrical items.
Talking of electrical items…
There are numerous electrical cord access ports, so you can run a power cord from outside your tent, making it easy to charge your electrical devices.
If you’ve ever camped in the Winter before, then we’re sure you’re familiar with condensation in your tent.
Luckily, you won’t have that problem with this tent as the inner and outer layers aren’t connected, leaving a gap which helps prevent condensation.
It’s still wise to follow the standard ways of keeping condensation to a minimum, such as not bringing wet clothes into the tent or cooking near the porch.
So what about the downsides?
We couldn’t find much at fault with this tent; however, we did discover that it’s better for Winter camping, as it hasn’t got the best ventilation.
- Reputable brand
- Multiple color options
- Extra room for equipment
- Prevents condensation
- Not the best tent for Summer camping
Similar to the Ayamaya Pop Up Tent, this one comes in a number of great colors for you to choose from including blue, green, and orange.
Throughout the designing process, Moon Lence has admitted to only using premium suppliers, so you can rest assured this tent isn’t lacking in terms of durability.
- Roomy 4 Person Tent: With the unfolding size of 240*210*125cm (94.5*82.6*49.2in), the tent is spacious for 4 adults. Weigh only 4.9kg (10.8lb), it can be stored in to the 83*18*18cm (32.7*7.1*7.1in)...
- Breathable & Stable: 2 Large doors with dual zippers and 2 ground vents provide much better ventilation. Equipped with 10 lightweight Alloy Pegs and 4 Guy Ropes, the tent has a high resistance of...
- All-round protection: 190T PU material and 210D Oxford Ground Sheet provide 2000mm water resistance and excellent UV resistance. The doors equipped with high quality SBS zippers can be closed tightly,...
It should last you for years to come if maintained correctly.
In addition, the fabric used is also 100% waterproof, meaning you won’t be caught by surprise with a leak in the middle of the night. You can sleep well knowing that your equipment, dog and family will enjoy a comfortable and dry sleep.
Furthermore, it features two large doors, allowing you to keep your tent fresh and ventilated, even on cold and rainy days.
The inside is spacious enough to fit up to four adults, making this tent one of the best options if you’re going to be camping with your friends.
But what about the negatives?
One of the main issues we found is the tent pegs aren’t very good, so we recommend buying your own and using them.
- Multiple colors
- Very durable
- Premium materials
- Two large doors
- Tent pegs included aren’t the best
Taking the fourth position on the list is yet another great tent made by Ayamaya.
This great tent comes with a hydraulic pump, so you can set it up in as little as 30 seconds, with no prior camping experience.
Simply lift up the top of the tent, and it will self-inflate, saving you time, energy, and manual labor.
Furthermore, this tent has two large D-shaped doors for great ventilation. Directly outside each one of these doors is a porch area, where you can store equipment and personal belongings.
- [Hydraulic Pump - Automatic Quick Setup and Down ] – The Camping tent comes with a hydraulic pump, simply lift up the top of the tent and it will automatic installation the tents in 3 seconds....
- [ Detachable Double Layer - Multi Function ] - Camping tent consists of two: outer flysheet and inner tent. One tent three use: outer and inner tent together as a camping tent in the rainy day. Inner...
- [ 2 Doors with Extensible Front Porch ] - Automatic tent with a special D-shape door on each side, easy for entering, exiting and good for ventilation. Each side with a extensible porch which can be...
This is great if you have muddy equipment, and don’t want to bring it into the tent.
If you want to ensure complete privacy when camping in this tent, you can zip up the outer layer door, keeping you completely enclosed. This will also help to keep you warm if you’re camping in the Winter months.
On the flip side, you can roll up the outer layer doors, providing the tent with extra ventilation and airflow.
In terms of downsides, we found that the outside door covers don’t have ties, which shouldn’t be a major inconvenience for most people.
- Includes hydraulic pump
- Two large doors
- Great ventilation
- 30-second setup
- Has a porch area
- Outside door covers don’t include ties
The MoonLence 4 Person Camping tent is available in multiple colors and sizes to suit your needs. You can choose from green and orange; as well as a 4-person and 6-person size option.
If you’re going to be traveling with four people, we recommend getting this tent in the larger size, so you have plenty of extra room left over to store your equipment.
Furthermore, it has one large D-shaped door and multiple windows, providing you with excellent ventilation, while keeping you cool in those Summer months.
- Roomy 4-person Tent: With the unfolding size of 213*213*132cm (83.8*83.8*51.9in), the tent is spacious for 4 adults. Weigh 3.4kg (7.5lb), it can be stored in to the 42*15.5*15.5cm (16.5*6.1*6.1in)...
- All-round protection: 190T PU material provides 1000mm water resistance and excellent UV resistance. Equipped with Rainfly, Our double layer tent provides stronger resistance to harsh weather.
- Breathable & Stable: Large section of mesh and 1 D-shaped doors with dual zippers. A ground vent and two windows provide much better ventilation, increase air circulation to help you stay cool and...
If you like to take your electrical devices camping with you (which we don’t recommend), then you’ll be glad to hear this tent comes with multiple mesh storage pockets.
In addition, there is also a hook on the ceiling of the tent that can be used to hang a small lantern, providing your tent with enough light to see in the dark.
To top it off, it comes with a strong rainfly, protecting you from the elements if you’re going to be camping in harsh conditions. It will also keep you warm if it’s windy outside.
We did also discover a downside associated with buying this tent…
A lot of customers have said that the zippers can be a little difficult to open and seem to get stuck at times.
- Multiple sizes
- Multiple colors
- Includes rainfly
- Storage pockets
- Hook for lantern
- Zip can sometimes get stuck
If you want a tent that can be used all year round, then the FE Active 4 Person Camping Tent won’t let you down.
It’s designed with the highest quality materials to ensure you stay protected, even in the harshest conditions.
The floor is made with 210D oxford textile, which is 100% waterproof and will keep you dry regardless of the weather conditions.
- DESIGN: The Grindavik 3 to 4 person tent is designed with the highest quality materials to be used in all 4 seasons of the year. Includes durable high end aluminum poles & full cover rainfly for...
- CONSTRUCTION: Built entirely with 210T ripstop polyester with a 3000mm PU water proof coating. The floor is made of 210D oxford textile. Includes durable 9.5mm or .37in aluminum poles. All seams on...
- DIMENSIONS: Extra large dimensions at 94.4 inches long, 82.6 inches wide, and 51.9 inches tall can make this camping tent one of the largest and most lightweight tents available at 6.82 pounds. When...
Furthermore, you will get a full cover rainfly for the Winter, and an insect repellent dome window for the Summer months.
Also, there are two large doors, providing you with plenty of ventilation and airflow.
The inside of the tent features a hook that can be used to hang a flashlight or lantern in the dark, as well as two pockets where you can store your personal belongings such as phones, camera equipment, and travel gear.
In addition, once you’ve finished using this tent, you can pack it into the carry bag. The carry bag is 100% waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about water leaking in.
So what about the downsides?
Well, the only thing we found was that folding the tent up and putting it in the carry bag can prove a little difficult at times.
- 4 season tent
- Highest quality materials
- Includes rainfly
- Two large doors
- Insect repellent dome roof
- Can be difficult to put back into the carry bag
If you’re looking for a tent that can handle extreme weather conditions, then the Camppal Professional Mountain Tent is a great choice.
It’s designed to be used in the mountains.
It can handle anything you throw at it; hence why it’s considered a 4-season tent.
Just because it’s designed to be used in the mountains, doesn’t mean you can’t use it when camping with friends and family.
- 4 persons tent Inner backpacking tent: 6.9ft * 5.9ft * 4.3ft; Outer fly: 6.9ft * (1.64ft + 5.9ft + 1.65ft) * 4.43ft; Weight: 7.1lb; Packing size [ 17.7” * 7.08” * 7.08”]; Aluminium Pole...
- ♚【Rain/Storm/Waterproof/Windproof】: This 4 season backpacking tent, with strong aluminum pole construction, have fully tested with rain/storm/waterproof/windproof, poles frame is very stable and...
- ♚【Camping Tent With Front Vestibule】: The porch area offers the additional space for kids to play games or for adults to just relax, an extra space for storage of personal stuff, even an ideal...
In fact, it’s better thanks to its extreme durability.
Furthermore, you’ll be happy to hear this tent is 100% waterproof, thanks to the PU coating material. Also, Camppal has taken it a step further and made this tent fire resistant as well…
While this may not be necessary as the chance of your tent going up in flames is pretty low; however, it’s still a good thing to have in place to be on the safe side.
A great thing about this tent that you won’t find with other models on the market is that it has a mesh basket attached to the inside ceiling, which can be considered a small loft and where you can store your personal belongings, creating extra space.
This is also a great area to store your flashlight or lantern at night when your tent is dark.
In addition, the door zippers are designed with a fluorescent cable attached to them, allowing you to spot them in the dark in case you need to get up in the middle of the night to use the toilet.
- 4 season tent
- Includes gear loft
- Very durable
If you’re looking for a high-quality tent that can fit up to four people, then the Luxe Temp Tent won’t let you down.
Although it can hold up to four people, it doesn’t have much room left over to store your equipment.
- ROOMY SIZE-Enhanced size with ridget pole optimizes headroom and fits 4 Luxe Tempo sleeping pads(width 23.6in.);2 doors and 2 vestibules with stormflaps and reflective stripes offer easy clean access...
- DURABLE MATERIALS-210t patterned polyester is 25% stronger than regular ripstop;7.9mm aluminum poles performs perfect after repeated use;Bathtub tent floor can bear abrasion well.All seams taped for...
- DETAILING-Ultralight plastic clips;hook-and-loop tabs rainfly attachment system;Gear loft for additional storage or diffusing the tent light;2 roof vents help control condensation;Reflective...
We only recommend getting this tent if you have extra space to store your personal belongings such as a car or RV.
Furthermore, if you need to get up and use the toilet in the middle of the night, then you’ll be glad to hear this tent has reflective strips on the outside, making it easy to see in the dark.
In addition, it can be used in both hot and cold weather conditions.
If you’re camping in the Summer, you can open up the doors and vestibule, allowing air to flow through.
On the flip side, this tent can be fully enclosed if you’re camping in high winds or cold weather, making it equally as great in the Winter.
- Fits 4 people
- Has reflective strips
- Can be used in all season
- Two doors
- No extra space
What Is The Purpose Of A Tent?
The purpose of a tent is to protect you from the elements, as well as providing you with shelter and a place to sleep when you’re camping.
There are a number of different types of tents you can buy; all serving a different purpose.
For example, dome tents are typically small in size and perfect for couples, whereas tunnel tents tend to be larger and more sturdy, making them the more suitable option if you’re camping as a family.
Is Camping In A Tent Safe?
If camping in a tent wasn’t a safe option, then tents would cease to exist.
In addition, all modern tents are designed to protect you from the elements and have a number of safety features in place.
That doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t still be cautious when camping.
We recommend checking the weather beforehand to make sure you’re not going to run into a hurricane.
Also, don’t keep food in your tent overnight as this may attract bears…
And we all know they’re not shy when it comes to entering people’s property.
What Do I Need To Camp In A Tent?
If you’re going to be spending a few nights camping in a tent, there are some things that you’re going to need to bring with you, to make sure your trip goes as smoothly as possible.
Here are the most common pieces of equipment you’re going to need…
If you turn up to a camping trip without a sleeping bag, then maybe camping isn’t for you…
Unless you like sleeping on the hard floor inside your tent.
If you don’t have any sleeping bags or prefer something a bit more comfortable, you can also bring an air mattress as a great alternative, providing your tent has enough space.
It’s important to remember that when you buy a sleeping bag, they don’t typically come with pillows, so you’re going to need to bring your own.
There are some brands of sleeping bags that have built-in pillows, which you might want to stick with, if you don’t want to bring the pillows from your house.
Tent Repair Kit
Although tents are built to withstand the elements, it’s important to bring a tent repair kit with you, especially if it’s your only form of shelter.
The last thing you need is to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere in the freezing cold because of a damaged tent.
Lantern Or Flashlight
A lot of beginner campers forget to bring a flashlight or lantern with them as it tends to be an overlooked accessory…
Don’t be one of these people.
Unless you have a modern mobile phone, a flashlight or lantern is the only source of light you’ll have to illuminate your tent when it gets dark.
Also, a lot of modern tents have a hook attached to the ceiling where you can hang a lantern.
A tent is an essential part of survival when you’re out there in the wilderness, especially if you’re all by yourself.
Making sure you’ve got one that can hold up in harsh environments is super-important.
Choosing one of the options on this list will ensure you get the best value for money, and a high-quality tent you can brag to your friends about.
If you have any questions regarding the best 4 man tent for camping, drop a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.