This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
If you’re hoping to enjoy some hot food when you go camping, then you’re going to need something to cook it in.
You’re also going to need plates and cutlery, so you have a place to eat your food from.
Luckily, there are a number of great cookware sets out there that include everything you need including pots, pans, cutlery, cups, frying pans, and much more.
And no, we’re not talking about the typical cookware sets you’d find in a household kitchen. We’re talking about camping brands that sell cookware sets specifically for camping.
In this article, we are going to review the 17 best camping cookware sets in 2021. We will also discuss what makes a great cookware set and how to choose the best one.
Here Are The Best Camping Cookware Sets
If you’re looking for a 10-piece cookware set that gives you everything you need to enjoy a hot meal when camping, then the MalloMe Camping Cookware Set is a great choice.
Included with this cookware set is a non-stick pot (1liter), pot cover, and a non-stick pan; two BPA-free bowls, a stainless steel spork, a soup spoon, and a wooden spoon.
Additionally, you’ll also get three extra accessories to make your camping experience one to remember. These include a marshmallow roasting and smores e-book, a cleaning sponge, and a nylon travel bag.
The reason this cookware set is perfect for camping is because of the lightweight and compact design. Once you’ve finished cooking or eating, you can use the collapsible pots to store everything without taking up too much space.
Furthermore, thanks to the cleaning sponge included in your purchase, this cookware set is super-easy to clean, which is important if you’re going to be using it for consecutive days.
To sum it up, the items included are made from premium materials and designed to last for years to come.
So what about the downsides?
We couldn’t find anything wrong with the actual cookware set; however, we did discover that the pots and pans are very small, so they’re more suited to solo campers.
That doesn’t mean you can’t use this cookware set if you’re camping with multiple people; however, it may take a little longer to cook your food.
- 10 pieces of equipment
- Includes a marshmallow roasting e-book
- Easy to clean
- More suitable for a solo camping trip
Not only does the Preseasoned Cast Iron 8 Piece Cookware Set perform well, but it also looks great on the eye thanks to the shiny matte black color it comes in.
This 8-piece cookware set includes a 16” pizza pan, 3 skillets, a square grill pan, and much more. You can use these items to heat up beans, cook eggs, and enjoy some pasta for dinner.
Furthermore, each item included is super-durable and will last you for many camping trips to come. This is thanks to the material blocked moisture absorption these items provide.
- 8 PIECE PRE SEASONED COOKWARE SET: The 8-pc collection is a great starter for all the essential cast iron cookware pieces for your kitchen
- Multi-function set: cooking pot is suitable as a soup pot, vegetable pot, pasta pot; Unparalleled heat retention and even heating is best for frying and stewing
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL COOKING ESSENTIALS: Skillets are great for sautéing, frying, stir-frying, searing and baking on the stovetop, in the oven, and over fires for endless recipes. While dutch ovens are...
As you may have guessed, this cookware set is more suitable for home use; however, we wanted to include it on this list as each item is big and can cook a lot of food, making it great if you’re camping with friends and family.
We only recommend getting this cookware set if you’re camping with a car and have a place to store all the items, as they aren’t designed to be lightweight or compact.
- 8-piece cookware set
- Modern design
- Great heat retention
- Not very compact or lightweight
Unlike the previous option on the list, this cookware set is actually designed for campers wanting to enjoy a hot meal in the forest. It comes with a 6.3-inch fry pan, 1-liter pot, bowl, cup, and a sack for easy storage.
As you can see, this one doesn’t include as many accessories as some of the other options; however, it can be packed down to 6.7 x 6.6 x 3.5, making it easy to transport and store when you’re on the go.
Furthermore, it only weighs 17.4 ounces, so it’s super-lightweight and can be carried in a backpack when hiking or camping. You’ll also get a small sack included, protecting it from dust, mud, and other stuff that it may come into contact with.
- FEAST IN THE FOREST: This fully loaded kit comes with everything you need for cooking on the go, featuring a 6.3 inch fry pan with a folding handle, a 1 Liter Pot, bowl, cup, and a convenient sack for...
- DURABLE DESIGN: Made from heavy-duty, clad 304 (18/8) stainless steel, this insanely durable cookset has a rust proof finish that keeps its shine and handles years of outdoor use.
- COMPACT AND CONVENIENT: Weighing only 17.4 ounces, this set can be packed down to just 6.7 in x 6.6 in x 3.5 inches, nesting together to fit in the included mesh stuff sack for easy transport to take...
It’s also worth mentioning that GSI Outdoors (the company that designed this cookware set) have been designing camping and outdoor products for the past 30 years, so you can rest assured they know a thing or two about the industry.
In terms of downsides, we couldn’t find anything at fault, apart from the fact that it’s designed for only one person.
- Everything you need to prepare food
- Includes storage bag
- Reputable company
- Designed for people who are camping solo
If you’ve been in the camping community for a while, then you’ve probably heard of Coleman. They are a well-known camping brand that specializes in everything, from cookware sets to tents.
The Coleman Family Cook Set comes with a plain black finish, so it isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing cookware set on the market.
It gets the job done.
- Camping cookware set ideal for preparing family meals on outdoor adventures
- Prepare a variety of foods in the 10-inch frying pan, 2.4-quart saucepan, and 6.9-quart stockpot
- 2 lids and a detachable textured handle fit all cookware
Included in this cookware set is a frying pan, a stockpot/kettle, and a saucepan lid; you’ll also get a detachable lid that fits the frying pan and kettle, as well as a detachable handle.
The great thing about this product is that the saucepans and frying pans are big enough to feed multiple people, making it great if you’re camping with friends and family.
In addition, you won’t have to worry about your food getting stuck to the pan thanks to the non-stick surfaces. This also makes cleaning a lot easier, which is important when you’re out there in the middle of nowhere and haven’t got a dishwasher on hand.
Considering this cookware set is made by a reputable company such as Coleman, you can expect it to last for years to come.
How about the downsides?
If you’re going to purchase this set, then you should be aware that it’s a little heavier than other camping cookware sets on the market; however, due to the larger size, you get the added benefits of being able to feed more people in one sitting.
- 6-piece set
- Can feed a family
- Easy cleaning
- A little heavier than other camping cookware sets
If you’re looking for a cookware set that includes a whole range of different accessories, then the Odoland Camping Cookware Mess Kit is the one for you.
It comes with 15 different accessories such as the following…
- Frying Pan
- 0.8L Kettle
- 2 Stainless Steel Cups
- 2 Plates
- 2 Sets Of Dinner Cutlery
- 2 Cutlery Storage Bags
- Cleaning Cloth
- Carry Bag
With so many different accessories included, you may begin to wonder if you really need that much stuff…
- THE BEST MONEY YOU EVER SPENT - The 15pcs camping cookware set includes 1 x pot, 1 x fry pan, 1 x 0.8L kettle, 2 x 230ml stainless steel cups with silicone protectors, 2 x 16cm stainless steel plates,...
- PERFECT FOR 1 TO 2 PEOPLE - The pot is of 1.9L capacity, the fry pan is of 5.7'' diameter and the kettle is 0.8L. They will be great not just for boiling water but meal prep too. It's fully equipped...
- HIGH QUALITY POTS AND PAN - Both the pots pan and kettle are made from anodized aluminum which is non-toxic and lightweight. Coated with a non-stick for easier use and clean up. Each piece has handles...
Well, it depends.
If you’re going to be camping with a few people, then you’re going to need the extra stuff, such as plates and cutlery.
On the flip side, if you’re out there camping by yourself, then it’s not worth it as the extra stuff is only going to add more weight to your person.
In terms of quality, all the accessories in this cookware set are made from anodized aluminum, which is non-toxic and super-lightweight. In addition, the inside of the pot and frying pan are coated with a non-stick liquid, making them easy to clean.
In summary, this is a great all-in-one package that gives you everything you need when camping with a few people, which is great as a lot of cookware sets only include the basics.
What about the downsides?
After reviewing what customers had to say about this product, we found that, in most cases, the cups are unnecessary as campers bring their own insulated mug.
- 15-piece set
- Great for two people
- The cups aren’t necessary, as campers normally bring their own mugs
This cooking set by Bomki is a little different from some of the other options on this list. Instead of providing you with pots and pans, it only includes accessories to make the cooking experience easier.
This is both a blessing, and a curse.
If you already have pots and pans that you use for camping, then the accessories you get with this cooking set are worth it.
- MULTI-PURPOSE >> Complete grilling and camping utensil set for those fun days picnicking in the park, cooking outdoor, Barbeque, hiking, boat riding, RV camping, or car camping deep in the woods. This...
- DURABLE - HIGH GRADE >> Stainless Steel camping utensils that is corrosion resistant. BPA free, ODORLESS, and dishwasher safe utensils for outdoor or indoor use. Designated pockets/pouch for every...
- COMPACT- CUSTOM BAG >> Grab and go compact design, lightweight and spacious to hold and neatly organize all the utensils securely in place. The washable sturdy fabric is a high-quality rugged...
On the flip side, if you’re looking to get a cookware set that includes pots and pans, then this one isn’t for you.
Included in this cooking set are a pair of scissors, a stainless steel thong, and a spatula; two plastic shakers, a chef knife, and a paring knife; a lightweight cutting board, corkscrew, cutlery, and a microfiber towel.
All these accessories come with heat-resistant handles, meaning you can cook your food safely without running the risk of burning yourself.
In addition, once you’ve finished cooking, you can store everything in a great-looking carry bag that comes in black, brown, or green. We recommend sticking with the green option if you want something that gives off a camping vibe.
How about the downsides?
While most customers had nothing but good things to say about this cooking set, we did notice some people comment on how the heat-resistant gloves could be a little bigger.
- 13-piece set
- Includes modern carry bag
- Heat resistant handles
- The heat-resistant gloves could be a little bigger
The GSI Outdoors Cooking Set includes everything you need if you’re camping with up to four people.
You’ll get four plates, four insulated mugs, a 2L pot with a lid, and a 3L pot; a folding handle, and a frying pan.
All of these accessories are designed with a non-stick coating, making them easy to clean once they’ve been used. In addition, you’ll also get a wash basin, making the cleaning process even easier.
- COOKING & MESS KIT: The Pinnacle Camper is a complete solution for cooking and eating while camping and backpacking; Its compact, nesting design can be configured for 2 or 4 people
- ALL IN ONE: Includes 4 plates, 4 insulated mugs and sip-it tops and sleeves, 2L pot with strainer lid, 3L pot with strainer lid, fry pan, folding handle and stuff sack/wash basin
- NON-STICK COOKWARE: The durable, anodized aluminum pots and pan are coated with Teflon Radiance non-stick technology; Spiral turned base grips stove/grill arms securely
Furthermore, the bowls, mugs, and plates are made from infinity Clear Polypropylene, which is designed to last for many years.
The strainer lid you’ll receive with this cooking set is able to withstand the heat and is crush-proof, so you won’t have to worry about it becoming damaged during your camping trip.
Also, the detachable handle locks securely onto the pots and frying pans, keeping you safe when cooking in the wilderness.
What about the downsides?
Some customers said the plates can be a little small; however, this shouldn’t be an issue if you’re camping with young children.
- Non-stick coating
- Includes wash basin
- Detachable handle
- Easy to clean
- Plates can be a little small
The Wild Peak Camping Kit only includes three pieces of equipment; however, it’s enough to cook the most common camping foods such as eggs, pasta, and rice.
All items included in this camping kit are made from durable titanium, so you can rest assured they will last you for many camping trips to come. In addition, the titanium design makes everything super-lightweight, which is exactly what you need when camping.
Furthermore, some camping kits are made from cheap materials and come with a nasty odor; however, you won’t have that problem with this one.
- Titanium construction for super strong ultralight multifunctionality
- Tasteless, odorless, does not corrode or rust, is non-allergenic
- Great for hiking, camping or everyday use, dishwasher safe
The handles on the pots and pans have a folding design, meaning they can easily be folded up for storage without taking up too much space. Also, they are rubberized, preventing the risk of burning yourself while cooking.
Once you’ve finished eating, you can store everything in the nylon carry bag provided, allowing for easy transportation when hiking or camping.
How about the downsides?
We found that if you use this camping kit over an open fire, then you’re going to need a flame guard, otherwise, there’s a possibility that the rubberized handles will melt.
- 3-piece kit
- Lasts a long time
- Includes storage bag
- Rubberized handles
- You need a flame guard if you’re using an open fire
This cookware set comes with 9-pieces, and includes a bonus that you won’t find other brands on the market offering (more on that later).
Included in this set are two non-stick pots, a spoon, fork, and knife; two storage bags, a stainless steel mug, and a mug protector, making this the perfect cookware set for solo campers.
So what is the special bonus?
Alongside all the equipment outlined above, you’ll also get a mini stove, giving you everything you need to start cooking right away. Keep in mind that if you want to use the mini stove, you’re going to need to buy your own mini gas bottle to provide a source of fuel.
- Best Money Ever Spent: The 9 pieces camping cookware kit includes 1 mini stove + 2 aluminum non-stick pots + 1 spoon + 1 fork + 1 knife + 1 stainless steel cup (16oz) + 1 sillicone insulated cup...
- Anti-slip & anti-heat handles: The anti-slip pot handles and the silicone cup protector are all anti-heat and can effectively protect your hands from injury. One Kit meets all your needs! You will...
- Convenient & Incredibly Durable: The mini stove can be folded to save space. So do the handles on the pots. Build with non-toxic anodized aluminum and strong structure, each pot is solid and...
Furthermore, the handles on the pots are non-slip and rubberized, meaning you won’t have to worry about your hands getting burnt when handling them.
Once you’ve finished using this cookware set, everything can be folded down — including the handles — making this one of the most compact cookware sets on the market.
In addition, You’ll also get a mesh bag included in your purchase, so you can keep everything together and don’t have to worry about losing things.
How about the downsides?
The arms on the stove don’t stretch out very far, making it a little unstable at first; however, this won’t affect any of the food being cooked.
- 9-pieces of equipment
- Includes a mini stove
- Non-slip handles
- Anti-burn handles
- Arms on the mini stove could be a little longer for more stability
This cookware sets in a little on the large side; however, that doesn’t mean that it’s bad for camping, as it depends on what you’re looking for. Also, there is a 12-piece option you can buy, if you feel the 16-piece set is a little too big.
But for the purpose of this review, we’re going to be sticking with the 16-piece option.
Included in this cookware set are two pots; a knife, fork, and spoon; a storage bag, mini stove, and stove pocket; a dishcloth, wine opener, carabiner, and a nylon mesh bag.
- Anodized aluminum pot and frying pan which are non-toxic, wear-resistant and fast in heat conduction, 304 stainless steel tableware set. It's high quality and easy to carry and clean
- 12 pcs often-used picnic equipments in one kit, suitable for 1-2 persons. 304 Stainless Steel Foldable Knife/Fork/Spoon, Tableware Storage Bag, Mini Stove With Piezo Ignition, Stove Pocket, Medium &...
- All the equipments can be stored together in the mesh bag for space saving and convenient carry. Great for camping, hiking, backpacking, picnic and other outdoor activities. Lightweight and extremely...
It’s also worth mentioning that if you’re going to consider buying this cookware set, then you should know that it’s best suited for 1-2 people.
Also, it’s not dishwasher safe, so you’re going to need to wash it by hand every time you need to clean it, which shouldn’t be an issue considering you’re going to be camping.
After you’ve finished using this product, you can fold it up and store it in the mesh bag provided, keeping everything secure and preventing it from getting lost.
So what about the negatives?
We noticed some customers said the ignition on the mini stove can be a little difficult, causing them to result in having to use a lighter.
- 16-pieces of equipment
- Mesh bag included
- Includes mini stove
- Good for 1-2 peoples
- Hand wash
- Ignition on the mini stove can be a little temperamental
The Wealers Store Cookware set doesn’t contain as many pieces as some of the other cookware sets on the market; however, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a nice meal around the campfire with your buddies.
It includes a frying pan, steamer/strainer, and three different size pots. The different size pots mean you’ll be able to choose the right size depending on the number of people you’re cooking for. Also, each pot contains a lid to keep your food warm and aid the cooking process.
When it comes to durability, Wealers Store has set the bar high. Everything in this cookware set is made from premium 304 stainless steel, so it will last for many camping trips to come.
- COMPLETE COOKWARE SET FOR YOUR ADVENTURES- Sharing a hearty meal over the fire surrounded with people you care about, is priceless. Wealers brings you a complete cookware set to make all that...
- SUPERIOR STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION- All our outdoors cooking set’s pieces are made with premium 304 Stainless Steel for extra durability and longevity. Feel absolutely free to take our cookware...
- PRACTICAL, TRAVEL-FRIENDLY- Our pots are highly portable; they come with a handy, lightweight travel bag, and features folding and removable handles for extra space. The lids have easy-grip handles...
Furthermore, although these pots and pans may seem a bit bulky to look at, they can be folded into a compact design, and even come with a storage bag for easy transportation and storage.
In addition, before Wealers Store send out this product, it has to go through rigorous testing to ensure it can stand the test of time and is safe for people’s health…
Which of course it passed with ease.
So how about the downsides?
You’ll be glad to hear we couldn’t find any!
- Includes storage bag
- Safe to cook in
If you’re looking for a cookware set you can use over an open fire, then the Rooky Deal Cookware set is the one for you. It doesn’t have rubberized handles, so you won’t have to worry about your pots and pans melting during the cooking process.
Included in this purchase are four stainless steel pots; one medium, one large, and a small one. The reason this cookware set only made the 12th position on the list is because it doesn’t include a frying pan.
- PORTABILITY: Lightweight engineering for those long treks through the mountains, a field trip with the kids or a day at the beach. Tote bag is equipped with comfort handles for smooth transportation...
- OUTDOOR CHAMPION: Beach parties, mountain trekking or barbequing or overnighting in your buddy’s back yard, the combo kit is perfect for cooking your favorite dishes away from home.
- SPACE SAVER: Pots stack vertically in the travel bag for easy transportation or packing with other camping gear. Fitting an entire 4 piece cookware set into a tight knitted spot has never been so...
That doesn’t mean it can’t be used to enjoy a great weekend away in the woods with family and friends.
You’ll still be able to cook most things such as pasta and rice.
Anyway, on a positive note, you’ll be glad to hear that it’s super-lightweight, meaning you won’t have any trouble dragging it around with you when you’re hiking or camping.
In addition, it comes with a storage bag, keeping everything together and secure when you’re on the move. Also, the pots stack on top of each other inside the bag, saving you valuable space.
To top it all off, everything included in this cookware set is super-easy to clean by hand.
- Can be used over an open fire
- 4 stainless steel pots
- Multiple sizes
- Includes storage bag
- Doesn’t include a frying pan
The reason this cookware set is used so widely across the camping community is because it includes a glove.
Not just any old glove though…
The glove included in this cookware set is similar to an oven glove. It will protect your hand and allow you to handle hot food without burning yourself.
That being said, this little accessory isn’t 100% necessary as the handles of this cookware set are heat resistant; however, it’s good to have an extra layer of protection.
Anyhow, included in this purchase are two cooking pots, a cooking pan, and a bamboo spoon; three plastic bowls, a cleaning sponge, and a serving ladle.
In addition, you’ll also receive a storage bag, allowing you to keep everything together when you’re on the go.
Everything included in this set is super-lightweight, so you won’t have to worry about being weighed down when you’re hiking or camping.
You’ll also be glad to hear that everything can be stored in the largest pot, making this a great option if you’re looking for something that is compact and easy to store.
How about the downsides?
We discovered that the oven glove can be a little small for some people, so if you have big hands, it might not fit you.
- Includes an oven glove
- Non-slip handles
- Two cooking pots
- Includes a cleaning sponge
- Oven glove can be a little small
If you’re looking for something a little smaller that doesn’t include as many items, then GSI has created this pot and frying pan combo that is super compact and won’t take up too much space.
In addition, the handles on the frying pan are rubberized, meaning you won’t have to worry about burning your hands when cooking. Also, the pot has a silicone coating, so you can touch it without burning yourself.
This means you won’t be able to use this combo on an open fire, unless you want them to melt — which we’re sure you don’t.
- For the longest time, the choice between silicone and metal pots was a choice between space and speed, between efficient packing and fuel efficiency, but with the Escape HS line, collapsible pots...
- Starting from an incredible, compacting footprint which saves 53% or more space in your pack and adding a lightweight, crushproof, strainer lid with burn-preventing, silicone thumbpads, dual bail...
- Just the right amount of spare space to nest our other Escape tableware items inside to build a complete, amazingly space-efficient set, these pots have been designed to cook, carry, combine and camp...
You’ll also be glad to hear that the pot comes with a lid. This lid can be used as a strainer and has dual bail handles that lock it in place, preventing the contents from spilling out and injuring somebody.
Furthermore, if you’re somebody who likes your food cooked 30% faster, then this cookware set combo is perfect for you. It has a hard-anodized base that is built around a hyper-conducting heatsink, helping cook your food faster than other pots and pans on the market.
So now you know why you should buy this cookware set combo, here’s a reason why you may want to reconsider…
This cookware set doesn’t include any cutlery and plates, so you’ll have to purchase this separately.
- Rubberized handles
- Cooks 30% faster
- Includes strainer lid
- Lid locks in place
- Doesn’t include plates or cutlery
How To Choose The Best Camping Cookware Set
There are some things you need to consider if you want to get a cookware set that will last many years to come.
Here they are…
As you may have noticed, a lot of the cookware sets on this list contain rubberized handles.
This is both a blessing and a curse.
It’s a blessing due to the fact that you can cook your food without having to worry about your hands getting burned.
It means you won’t be able to cook over an open fire, as the silicone handles will melt and get damaged.
So it’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to get a cookware set with rubberized handles. If you’re not cooking over an open fire, then they’re a good thing to have.
When you’re camping, it can be easy to lose things, especially if you’re constantly moving from place to place.
That’s why it’s important to make sure the cookware set you purchase includes a storage bag.
Also, a storage bag will protect your cookware set from getting damaged, which is essential if you’re going to be spending a large amount of time in the woods.
If you’ve been camping for a while, then you probably know how important it is to only bring equipment that is small and compact.
If you decide to bring large items, then you’re going to have a difficult time storing and transporting them, especially if you’re solo camping without a car.
Luckily, most of the cookware sets on this list can be folded down to the size of a pan, allowing for easy storage and transportation.
Can You Use A Camping Cookware Set Over An Open Fire?
It depends on the type of cookware set you decide to purchase. As you may have noticed, a lot of cookware sets have rubberized handles, so if you were to cook over an open fire, they would melt.
However, this isn’t always the case, as some cookware sets are made solely from stainless steel.
Are Cookware Sets Easy To Clean?
Yes. However, you’re not going to have the luxury of a dishwasher when you’re out camping in the wilderness; therefore, you’re going to need to clean everything by hand.
However, you’ll be glad to hear that some cookware sets come with cleaning equipment such as a sponge, making your life easier.
If you want to have a more enjoyable camping experience, then you need to get a high-quality cookware set.
Otherwise, you’ll be eating cold canned food, which is fine for some people; however, we like to warm our food up and be able to cook other foods such as eggs and pasta.
We hope this article has helped you choose the best camping cookware set. If you have any questions, comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.