This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
Depending on the season, your tent can either be too cold or too hot, making it difficult to find the perfect balance.
Luckily, there is a solution…
And that’s a tent heater.
10 Best Tent Heaters
Most tent heaters come with multiple modes, allowing you to change the air from hot to cold.
In this article, we are going to review the 10 best tent heaters money can buy.
We will also discuss what to look out for in a tent heater, and how to keep warm without one if you’re on a budget.
If you’re looking for the best tent heater on the market, then look no further than the Asterion Ceramic Space Heater.
It comes with five different settings including low (900W), high (1500W), eco (60°F- 90°F), freeze (45°F), and fan mode.
The four main settings provide different levels of power and heat (low, high, eco, and freeze), whereas fan mode produces a cool wind, making it great for Summer camping…
- 【5 Settings Electric Space Heater】: Low(900W),High(1500W), ECO(60℉- 90℉) ,Freeze(45℉) & Fan modes, it can satisfy your different needs with multiple modes flexibly with this portable space...
- 【ECO Energy-Saving & Adjustable Space Heater 】: On ECO mode, you can adjust the temperature between 60℉- 90℉with this adjustable thermostat heater. It will shut off and standby when the...
- 【72° Oscillation & 24H Timer Ceramic Heater】: Get rid of the confusion of fixed heating angle, 72°wide angle heating ensures you a suitable heating and space. Setting appropriate heating time...
Because we all know how hot tents can get in the Summer.
If you decide to use this heater in ECO mode, it will save a substantial amount of power by automatically shutting off when the built-in thermostat detects that the ambient temperature is higher than the set temperature.
Furthermore, the Asterion Space Heater has a tip-proof design, so you won’t have to worry about it tipping over and potentially causing a fire…
Which is the last thing you want to worry about when trying to enjoy a camping trip.
As you probably already know, heaters aren’t the most compact piece of equipment on the planet; therefore you’re going to have to sacrifice some space if you want to bring a heater with you.
While the Asterion Space Heater isn’t super compact, it isn’t too big either, measuring 8.9 x 6.8 x 13.3 inches, and weighing only 4.16lbs.
- Five different settings
- Can provide a cool fan
- Save power in eco mode
- Tip-proof design
- Controls can be a little confusing at first
The Antarctic Star Space Heater won’t disappoint when it comes to keeping your tent nice and warm in those Winter months.
Similar to the Asterion Space Heater, it has a number of different settings, allowing you to control the temperature of the room.
You’ll also be glad to hear that it has a cool fan setting, meaning you can keep your tent cool in the Summer months.
If you’re like us and like to travel as light as possible, then the Antarctic Space Heater is perfect.
It weighs only 2.81 lbs and isn’t too bulky.
Furthermore, if safety is a concern, then you can rest assured that this heater won’t cause your tent to go up in flames.
- Easy Control Heater : Adjust the control knob on the right to turn the unit on. "I" is for producing heat at 750 watts, "II" will produce heat faster and hotter at 1500 watts, and ”Fan” will blow...
- Overheat protection & Tip-over protection - Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater off when it reaches a preset temperature and turn the heater back on when the temperature dips below...
- Compact and Powerful :Dimensions:7.1" x 6.3" x 9.3", 2.81 pounds light weight mini heater easy to carry around with handle.Heat 200 square feet in seconds. By heating the required small space instead...
It contains a tip-proof design, so if it falls over, it will automatically turn off, protecting you and your family.
In addition, if you like to keep your tent warm throughout the night, then you’ll be happy to hear it produces low noise, so you can sleep in peace.
The only downside we found is it has a strange odor present when it’s in the box.
This goes once it’s removed from the box.
- Multiple settings
- Can produce cold air
- Isn’t too noisy
- Has strange odor that goes after it’s taken out of the box
GiveBest has hit the nail on the head with this heater…
It’s super compact, allowing you to store it in your tent without taking up too much space…
While also providing you with three different levels of power to choose from.
You can pick between 1500W, 750W, or a cool fan option which is perfect for the Summer months.
The GiveBest Space Heater won’t stay on all the time; it cycles on and off depending on the temperature of the room.
- 2 in 1 heater fan: This ceramic heater provides two heat levels, 1500W or 750W and one cool air fan, you can use it both for winter and summer. Thermostat control of the heater will turn the heater...
- Multi protection safety system: These heaters are made of flame retardant material avoiding any fire hazard. Automatic safety shutoff system will shut the heater off when the heater overheat. The tip...
- Compact and powerful: 8.3 inch x 6.3 inch x 4 inch, 2.2 pounds Portable mini heater with build in carry handle helps to reinforce the potential of rather low electrical bills by using at the place...
If the temperature of the room reaches the temperature that has been selected, then it will shut off…
And when it dips too low, it will automatically turn back on again, ensuring your tent stays hot…
While still giving you the perfect balance…
Because you don’t want to be cooked alive inside there.
In terms of safety, this heater has two functions that will stop your tent from going up in flames.
The first being that it will turn of if it comes too hot.
The second is the tip-proof design, which will cause the heater to shut off if it falls over or goes below a certain angle.
Okay, now let’s talk about the only negative of this heater.
It’s great for heating smaller rooms.
If you’ve got a big tent, then it may not be the best option.
- Different power levels
- Cycles on and off
- Anti-tip feature
- Not the best for big tents
This small heater is the perfect addition to your camping trip.
It will heat up your tent in as little as 70 seconds with hardly any noise, making it great if you’re trying to sleep.
In addition, it also includes a remote control, allowing you to control it from the comfort of your sleeping bag.
Because who wants to do things manually in 2021.
A great feature of the Taotronics Space Heater is it will heat the room evenly.
- Instant Heat up: The inbuilt ceramic heating elements of this PTC space heater warm up quietly to 70°F in 3 seconds, thanks to the rated power up to 1500 watts, to immediately warm up relatively...
- Toasty Targeted Heat: Far-reaching 65° oscillation heats from side to side and at a 7° tilt to increase the heat distribution range by 20% for even warmth, for you and your family, without wasting...
- 3 Heating Modes: Freely choose either the High, Low or ECO mode; with a default target temperature of 75°F under ECO mode, the fan heater auto switches between High (1500W) and Low (900W) modes based...
Have you ever had to sit directly in front of a heater because the heat couldn’t reach a certain area of the room?
You won’t have to do that with this heater thanks to the Far-reaching 65° oscillation feature.
Furthermore, if you’re worried about safety…
Worry no more.
Because the Taotronics Space Heaters has a built-in protection feature that will turn the heater off if it falls over.
The only downside we found is that it requires batteries and needs to be plugged into a power outlet, which can be an inconvenience.
- Heats up in 70 seconds
- Remote controlled
- Disperses heat evenly
- Anti-tip protection
- Requires both batteries and a power outlet
While the Auzkin Heater provides you with plenty of power, it does come with one small disadvantage…
We found that it doesn’t include a remote which can be an inconvenience if you don’t like getting up to change the settings.
Anyway, enough negatives…
Let’s talk about the positives.
As stated previously, the Auzkin Heater is super powerful and will heat your tent in as little as one second.
It doesn’t get any faster than that!
- PTC Ceramic Heating Element: With PTC ceramic heating element, the electric heater can quickly heat up the air in 1 second around you. No more suffering in the cold winter. High efficiency and...
- Easy to Use: 1) Turn on the main power button on the back after plugged in, press ON/OFF on the top to start. 2) Press the SWING button, the ceramic heater will oscillate automatically. 3) Choose low...
- Your All-Season Choice: Two-mode heat to provide different warmth while 5W for regular wind. One electric PTC space heater, suitable for any season. So you can customize your cozy living space. The...
As well as heating your tent in such a short amount of time, this heater also has an oscillate function, meaning it will evenly dispense heat throughout the tent, rather than in just one direction.
Furthermore, it has a built-in handle, allowing for easy transportation and storage…
We all know how important that is when camping.
Regarding safety, this heater has a shut-off system that will kick in if it falls over, preventing any fires from starting.
To further prevent the risk of fire, make sure you don’t cover the air-inlet while the heater is turned on.
Yes, that means hanging clothes over it to dry, isn’t a good idea.
- Heats in as little as 1 second
- Disperses heat evenly
- Built-in handle
- Anti-tip safety protection
- Doesn’t have a remote
When a heater’s name has the word ‘rocket’ in it, you know it’s going to be a good one.
The Alrocket Space heater has a built-in thermostat you can change between 59-99°F, depending on how cold your tent is.
After setting your preferred temperature, the Alrocket Space Heater will begin heating the room up in as little as two seconds.
- ECO Thermostat: ALROCKET Space heater has a thermostat, the temp can be adjusted from 59-99°F, and the PTC heating systems allow quickly heat within 2s! After the set temperature is reached, the...
- 24 hrs Timer and 3 Modes Setting: You can set the timer from 0-24 hrs before going to bed or working and enjoy a comforting warmth. The low noise will not interfere with your rest or work. It also has...
- 90° Oscillation: 90° oscillating ceramic heater rotates from side to side to evenly distribute warm air to different parts of your space for optimal efficient heating comfort. Ideal for use in...
Once your specified room temperature has been met, it will go into energy saving mode.
Energy saving mode adjusts the temperature, making sure the room stays comfortable and doesn’t get too hot.
To set the heater up, you don’t even need to leave your sleeping bag thanks to the remote control included.
The remote control allows you to change all the settings.
If you’re old school and want to change the settings from the heater itself, it also includes a beautiful LED screen with touch control.
Furthermore, this heater doesn’t just have an anti-tip feature…
It’s also made of flame-resistant material, so you can sleep well knowing you’re not going to wake up to a fire in your tent.
With all these amazing features, you may be thinking it’s too good to be true.
Well, there is one downside we found…
If you put the Alrocket Space Heater in oscillate mode, it tends to make a noise, which can be an issue if you want to use it when sleeping.
- Built-in thermostat
- Heats up in 2 seconds
- Remote control
- Beautiful LED screen
- Made with flame-resistant material
- Makes a strange noise when in oscillate mode
The Andily Space Heater comes in two different colors.
You’ll be able to choose from either black or white, depending on your preference.
The way this heater is designed ensures it’s super compact and portable, making it perfect for your weekend away in the woods.
It weighs only 2.42 lbs and measures 6.2×4.74×8.3 inches.
It comes with three different modes, each one offering you different levels of heat and power.
- SMALL HEATER MEASURES: 6.2" X 4.74" x 8.3" . Manual controls. Fully Assembled.
- THREE MODES HEATER WITH FAN: 1.High Heat (1500-watt), 2. Low Heat(750-watt ), 3. Fan Only. Power indicator light lets you know when it’s plugged in.
- CERAMIC HEATER ELEMENTS: Ceramic space heaters are fast to heat, produce abundant heat without open coils, and are long lasting.
The first mode is a fan option…
When selected, the heater will blow out cool air, making it great for when your tent gets a little too hot.
The other two settings are high heat and low heat mode.
When high heat is selected, the heater provides you with 1500watts of power. whereas low heat produces 750 watts.
If you’re camping in a super cold climate, then the high heat mode is going to be your best friend.
Furthermore, if you accidentally knock this heater over without realising, then it has an automatic shut-off feature, preventing a fire from breaking out.
The only issue we found is the built-in thermostat isn’t the best.
- Multiple color options
- Compact and portable
- Built-in handle
- Three different modes
- Anti-tip protection
- Built-in thermostat isn’t the best
This wide-angle oscillating space heater won’t have any problems heating up your whole tent…
And it will do it at a fast rate considering it only takes two seconds to reach its full power.
Similar to the previous heaters on this list, it comes with different modes to choose from.
The Auzkin Space Heater only includes two modes.
You can choose between high heat mode and fan mode.
High heat mode is hot air and is great for keeping you warm in the Winter months.
- 【Ceramic Technology】:Advanced ceramic heating elements provide 2S quick heating,generate enough heat while save more energy,which is good for environment .Ceramic space heaters can quick...
- 【Advanced Safety】: Tip-over switch with auto shut-off and overheat protection. Don't worry if your pets or kids accidentally touches the heater, this heater built in tip-over sensor can...
- 【Wide range oscillates function】: One touch on the swing button to delivery wide-45°-angle heat with auto oscillation, helps heat up the space faster while keep silent. keep your feet warm if...
On the flip side, fan mode produces a cool wind, making it great for cooling off in the Summer.
Furthermore, if you decide to use this heater while sleeping in your tent, then you won’t be woken up in the middle of the night by a humming noise.
It’s designed to produce as little noise as possible, allowing you to enjoy a deep sleep.
Similar to the other options on this list, the Auzkin Space Heater has an anti-tip feature, preventing a fire from starting.
There is a small button underneath the heater that will turn it off when it’s not in contact with a surface.
It’s important to use this heater on a flat surface if you want it to function correctly.
- Two modes
- Fan mode
- Low noise
- Anti-tip protection
- Has to be used on a flat surface
The AgiiMan Space Heater may not look as cool as the other options on the list, but it still produces a great amount of power — enough to warm up your whole tent.
It’s also super compact, meaning you can store it in most small spaces when camping.
Furthermore, you’ll be glad to hear it’s built with a handle that makes transportation effortless.
You’ll be able to choose between three different modes…
Fan mode, warm mode, and heat mode.
Each one of these modes provides a different purpose, and should be used in different weather conditions.
- 【Portable Mini&Electric Patio Heater】☀ Our portable space heaters with size of 6.3" x 8.7" x 4.9", Manual controls. Compact Space Saving Design.Convenient Carry Handle. Adjustable thermostat...
- 【Innovative Fan Heater】☀ Advanced ceramic heating elements provide faster and more efficient heating than traditional fan heaters.Ceramic space outdoor heaters can quick heating within 3S...
- 【Adjustable temperature】☀ 1.High Heat (1500-watt), 2. Low Heat (750-watt ).3.Fan will blow out cool air. Then turn the thermostat knob on the left toward the + sign. Reduce your energy bills by...
If you’re winter camping and spend most mornings digging your way out of your tent through the thick snow, then you’ll want to stick with heat mode most of the time.
On the flip side, if the suns blazing down on your tent, then fan mode would be a better alternative.
If you’re somewhere in the middle, then warm mode should do the job.
You’ll also be glad to hear that, regardless of what mode you choose, this heater is designed to stay as quiet as possible, allowing you to enjoy a peaceful sleep.
While we couldn’t find much fault with this heater, we did discover that it might not be powerful enough for extremely large tents with multiple rooms.
- Three modes
- Fan mode
- Low noise
- Not powerful enough for large tents with multiple rooms
When you first look at this heater, you may get confused and think it’s one of those old school radios.
That’s not the case though…
We promise you it’s a heater and not a radio.
Looks can be deceiving.
If you want to use this heater successfully, then you must use it on a flat surface.
The reason for this is because it has a button underneath that automatically shuts the heater off if it’s not in contact with a flat surface.
- Simplicity and Style: This ‘ calming blue’ cube is extremely effective at heating small living spaces, but stays cool to the touch. The small heater features simple plug-in-and-use operation with...
- PTC Ceramic Heating System: The advanced PTC system combines highly effective heating with exceptional safety. The ceramic heating elements naturally regulate the temperature and there’s no burning...
- High Performance and Low Noise: The Gladle heater reaches 35℃/95℉ within 3 seconds of start-up and has a top temperature of 50°C/122°F. A low noise level of less than 50dB also means it won’t...
This helps prevent it from tipping over and causing a fire.
Now we’ve got that out of the way, let’s talk about the benefits…
This heater has a built-in thermostat that will automatically lower the power output when it reaches the temperature that has been set, helping preserve energy.
Furthermore, it comes with three different modes including natural wind, low heat mode, and high heat mode.
Each one of the modes serves a purpose, and should be used in line with the weather conditions you’re camping in.
In addition, don’t be scared to use this heater when sleeping…
Not only does it boast great safety features, it also produces low noise, allowing you to sleep like a baby.
- Anti-tip feature
- Low noise
- Three modes
- Preserves energy
- Built-in thermostat
Important Things To Consider When Buying A Tent Heater
If you want to get the best tent heater, there’s some things you need to consider before making a purchase.
Let’s talk about them below…
Your tent is going to be the coldest at night. For that reason, you need a tent heater that provides you with substantial heat throughout the night and doesn’t make too much noise.
If you’re camping like a pro, then you’re most likely moving from place to place.
That’s why it’s important to have a heater that is portable.
By portable, we mean a heater that is compact and lightweight enough for you to carry around with you.
Considering a tent hasn’t got the smoothest flooring, you’re going to want to make sure it doesn’t fall over….
Unless you want to set fire to your tent, and the campsite.
Luckily, you don’t have to keep checking to ensure it hasn’t fallen over, as most heaters have an anti-tip feature.
The anti-tip feature can detect if the heater falls over, and turns it off automatically.
We’re sure some of you are super carefree with this type of thing; however, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
A lot of the best heaters on the market have a built-in thermostat, allowing you to heat your tent to the ideal temperature.
Once it reaches your desired temperature, the heater will automatically shut off, saving you electricity.
Furthermore, once the room starts to drop in temperature it will restart the cycle again.
Don’t let the word ‘heater’ confuse you.
The best tent heaters also come with a fan mode, allowing you to cool down your tent when it’s hot.
The most important mode is the one that disperses heat.
With some heaters you will also get a warm mode. This allows you to keep the tent at a warm temperature without it becoming too hot.
Other Ways To Keep Warm In Your Tent
If you’re unsure whether you want to spend your money on a tent heater, then here are some other ways you can keep warm in your tent…
Electric blankets are a great alternative to a tent heater.
They do pose one issue.
The problem is they won’t heat the whole room, and require you to be sitting in one area to stay warm.
Hot Water Bottle
If you’re looking for a low cost way to stay warm when camping, then a hot water bottle isn’t a bad choice.
The only issue is that they only keep one area of your body warm, as opposed to a heater that will disperse heat throughout the tent, heating your whole body.
If you’re Winter camping, then a great solution for the cold weather is to insulate the tent floor.
You can do this by installing a rug, carpet, or even towels on the floor of your tent.
This provides you with an extra layer of protection from the cold air.
Getting a heater for your tent can be one of the best investments you can make if you’re going to be camping in cold weather.
Not only will it keep you warm, but it will also make your camping experience more enjoyable…
Because nobody wants to spend all day and night in the freezing cold…
Unless you’re Wim Hof.