This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through one of these links we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
If you’re going to be camping with family and friends, then you’re going to need to upgrade from a standard two-person tent to something a little bigger.
Even if you’re camping with only four people, we still recommend buying a 6-person tent as it will provide extra room and storage space.
The 16 Best 6-Person Tents
- 1. Moon Lence 6-Person Camping Tent
- 2. UNP 6-Person Tent
- 3. Coleman Dome Tent With Screen Room
- 4. Coleman Dome Tent for Camping
- 5. Hikergarden Camping Tent
- 6. Coleman Cabin Camping Tent
- 7. 6 Person Easy Pop Up Tent
- 8. Mobihome 6 Person Family Tent
- 9. Wnnideo Pop Up Camping Tent
- 10. QOMOTOP Camping Tent
- 11. ALPHA CAMP 6 Person Family Tent
- 12. Vidalido 5-6 Person Dome Camping Tent
- 13. KingCamp 6 Person Tent
- 14. Coleman Elite Sundome 6-Person Tent
- 15. Standing Room 6-Person Cabin Tent
- 16. Winterial 6-7 Person Teepee Tent
The last thing you want is 4-6 people crammed into a small tent with no space.
In this article, we are going to take a look at 16 of the best 6 person tents in 2021.
If you’re looking for a high-quality tent that is designed to last, then look no further than Moon Lence. They are a reputable brand, that provides their customers with nothing other than the best camping equipment.
The Moon Lence 6-Person Camping Tent may not look like anything special from the outside; however, the inside tells a different story.
It features multiple mesh windows, preventing mosquitos and other nasty insects from getting inside the tent.
In addition, there are also multiple mesh pockets located inside the tent, which is great for storing small personal belongings such as an iPhone or a Tablet.
Furthermore, you won’t have to deal with the inconvenience of leaks if you decide to buy this tent, as it features a waterproof rainfly that will keep your tent nice and dry, regardless of the weather.
- Roomy 6-person Tent: With the unfolding size of 290*290*180cm (114.2*114.2*70.8in), the tent is spacious for 6 adults. Weigh 4.1kg (9.04lb), it can be stored in to the 42*15.5*15.5cm (16.5*6.1*6.1in)...
- All-round protection: 190T PU material provides 1000mm water resistance and excellent UV resistance. Equipped with Rainfly, Our double layer tent provides stronger resistance to harsh weather.
- Breathable & Stable: Large section of mesh and 1 D-shaped doors with dual zippers. A ground vent and two windows provide much better ventilation, increase air circulation to help you stay cool and...
Another great feature that Moon Lence has added to this tent is a ceiling hook where you can hang a lantern or flashlight, providing you with a source of lighting when it gets dark.
You could just use your mobile phone to illuminate your tent.
Getting up in the middle of the night and looking for your phone in the dark can be a pain, especially if you don’t know where you left it.
On the flip side, you can simply turn your flashlight on and you’re good to go.
So what about the downsides of this tent?
Some customers have said that the zippers can sometimes get stuck, which isn’t great, especially if you need to get out of your tent to pee.
- Reputable brand
- Multiple mesh windows
- Mesh storage pockets
- Waterproof rainfly
- Lantern hook
- Zippers can sometimes get stuck
If you’re looking for a tent that allows you to stand up fully, then the UNP 6-Person Tent is a great choice.
It has a center height of 78 inches, meaning you’ll have no issues stretching your legs in this tent…
Unless of course, you’re taller than 78 inches, in which case, you’re out of luck.
In addition to center height, you’ll also have plenty of room to move around as it can fit two large air mattresses or 6 sleeping bags.
- 【Weatherproof &High-Quality Material】 Made with 185T polyester. With the 1000mm polyurethane hydrostatic rated coating high-tech,The Cave is 100% waterproof; 4 Steel Leg Poles, Rectangular Roof:...
- 【Roomy Interior】10ft x 9ft with 78in Center Height, fit 6 sleeping bags, Has enough room for 6 campers and even lets you stand up changing.
- 【Multiple Interior Storage Options】Electrical Access Port lets you run a cord from your device in the tent to an outside power source, gear loft, mesh storage pockets keep small necessities well...
Furthermore, this tent is made from 185T polyester, which is 100% waterproof and will keep you dry in all weather conditions.
The inside of the tent contains a number of different features, such as storage pockets and electrical ports, allowing you to charge your electrical devices.
While we don’t recommend sitting on your phone while camping, it’s still important to make sure they’re fully charged in case of emergencies.
To top it all off, this tent is easy to set up and won’t take any longer than ten minutes, making it perfect for people who have little camping experience.
How about the downsides?
We discovered that the zippers are not of the best quality and can sometimes get stuck.
- Can stand up inside
- Storage pockets
- Electrical port
- Easy setup
- Zippers sometimes get stuck
Coleman is a reputable camping brand that was founded in 1900. Its mission is to provide people with the best camping equipment on the market.
The Coleman Dome Tent is a perfect example of the quality Coleman provides their customers.
It comes with a screen room that provides excellent ventilation and prevents bugs and other insects from entering your tent. You can also use the screen room as an extra sleeping area if you’re camping in the Summer.
- Weatherproof: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; Included rainfly offers extra weather protection
- Conventional pitch: Sets up in 15 minutes
- Bug-free lounging: 10 x 5 feet full-floor screen room
If you don’t fancy sleeping in the screen room, then it can be used as a shaded sitting area or a place to store your equipment.
The frame on this tent is designed to be extra strong, preventing it from becoming damaged in strong winds and storms.
Furthermore, you can sleep well knowing this tent is 100% waterproof and will keep you dry throughout the night.
Also, it has extended window awnings, meaning you can keep your tent ventilated without letting any rainwater inside.
In addition, the floor is made using welding-inspired technology, so it’s completely waterproof.
Now we’ve talked about the positives, let’s take a look at the cons of this tent…
A lot of customers have advised against leaving your personal belongings in the screen room when it’s raining, as it isn’t protected and will get wet.
- Well-known brand
- Includes screen room
- Extra strong design
- Window awnings
- The screen room isn’t protected against rain
The Coleman Dome Tent is similar to the previous option on the list; however, it’s a little different.
One of the features that make this tent so great is the fact that it has dark room technology.
Dark room technology blocks 90% of sunlight from entering your tent, meaning you can sleep in as long as you like without your sleep being affected.
In addition, this also reduces the heat of the tent in the Summer months, allowing you to enjoy a comfortable camping trip.
- DARK ROOM TECHNOLOGY: Blocks 90% of sunlight (vs. a comparable Coleman tent) so you can sleep in past sunrise
- REDUCES HEAT: For a more comfortable rest anytime of day
- WEATHERPROOF: Welded corners and inverted seams keep water from getting in; included rainfly offers extra weather protection; strong frame withstands 35+ mph winds
Furthermore, if you’re going to be camping in harsh conditions, this tent won’t let you down.
It’s designed to be able to withstand up to 35+mph winds and is 100% waterproof. Also, it includes a rainfly for added protection.
Inside the tent is an E-port access point, allowing you to charge your electrical devices.
Combine this with dark room technology, and you’ve got your very own camping cinema!
How about the negatives?
The only negative thing we discovered is that you won’t be able to stand up in this tent unless you’re under 4”11, which we’re guessing you’re not.
Also, keep in mind that if your tent malfunctions, you’ll be covered by a 1-year limited warranty, so this purchase is essentially risk-free.
- Dark room technology
- Reduces heat
- Withstand harsh winds
- E-port access point
- You cannot stand up in this tent
The first thing to understand about this tent is it’s available in two different sizes; a 6-person or a 10-person option.
If you’re camping with four people, we recommend sticking with the 6-person size; however, if you’re camping with 6 people, then the 10 person option is a better alternative as it will give you extra storage space.
Anyway, let’s get into the benefits of buying this tent…
The first thing you’ll notice is it’s more like a portable cabin than a tent. This is great, as it gives you plenty of headroom and means you can stand up and move around within the tent, which is also a bonus if you need to stretch your legs and it’s raining outside.
- 【Spacious- 6 Person Tent】- HIKERGARDEN 6 person tent is large enough inside for family outdoor adventure. With the dimension of 120 x 96 x 76in, this is a tall tent, larger than normal tents which...
- 【Durable- Reinforced Steel Poles】- Engineered to be a stronger, more wind-responsive frame with all reinforced steel poles makes HIKERGARDEN camping tent more stable in the windy and rainy...
- 【Ventilation- 1 Large Door+ 4 Windows】- Upgraded Ventilation System used, this 6 person camping tent has 1 large mesh door and 4 mesh windows and it enables fresh air and warm breeze to come in...
It’s also worth mentioning that the steel poles that hold this tent together are a lot stronger than the standard poles you’ll find on most tents, making them more resistant to strong winds.
Furthermore, the Hikergarden Camping Tent is the king of ventilation. It features one front door, a back window, and two mesh windows on the roof.
In addition, once you’ve finished with this tent, you can fold it up and store it in the carry bag provided.
The only issue we found with this tent is the directions aren’t very clear, which shouldn’t be an issue if you’re an experienced camper.
- Multiple size options
- Very spacious
- Able to stand up
- Great ventilation
- Directions aren’t very clear
This Camping Tent is yet another high-quality tent designed by Coleman. It’s available in multiple sizes and comes with different features, depending on the option you choose.
For example, you can get this tent in both a 4-person and 6-person size, depending on how many people you’re camping with. It’s also worth mentioning that each size comes with the option to make the screen room waterproof.
We advise adding the waterproof screen room to your purchase, as it provides you with extra storage space for your equipment when it’s raining outside.
- ENCLOSED SCREENED PORCH: Adds 35% more space than comparable 6-person dome tents; enjoy bug-free lounging and extra storage space; optional front cover keeps out wind and rain to create a weatherproof...
- STAY DRY: Detachable rainfly as well as a tub-like floor with welded corners and inverted seams help keep water from getting in; Strong frame withstands winds up to 35mph
- ROOM TO STAND: Vertical walls and an extra-high ceiling allow campers to stand upright and easily move around
Furthermore, this tent includes a detachable rainfly which does a great job at keeping the rain out in harsh weather conditions.
In addition, the floor has welded corners and inverted seams, to further prevent rainwater from entering.
You’ll also be happy to hear that this tent has a 193cm ceiling, meaning you can easily stand up and move around…
Even if you’re super-tall.
To top it all off, it has a 3-pole design with color-coded pole sleeves, making it super-easy to set up, even if you’ve never been camping before.
The only problem we found is that it’s not as warm as some of the other tents if you’re camping in the winter, so you may want to get yourself a camping heater if you decide to buy this tent (Internal Link).
- Waterproof screen room option
- Multiple size options
- Able to stand up
- Not very warm in the Winter months
If you’re looking for a tent that’s beginner-friendly and easy to set up, then this is the tent for you.
It has pre-assembled poles, meaning you can set it up in as little as 20 seconds by popping it into place.
There is a built-in vestibule where you can store your equipment, so you won’t have to clog up the main area of your tent.
- Quick & Easy Setup:Instant pop-up tent with pre-assembled poles sets up in seconds.
- Spacious Interior:12.5 x 8.5 feet floor; Sleeps 4-6 adults in sleeping bags or 3-5 people with lots of luggage.; Center Height: 53.5".
- Venting : Large mesh window on the left and right sides allows hot air to escape while keeping the bugs out.Ground vents offers additional ventilation to keep cool on the summer evening.
Also, the vestibule is completely waterproof and can be enclosed, meaning you won’t have to worry about your equipment getting damaged when it’s raining outside.
Furthermore, this tent provides excellent ventilation. It has a large mesh window on either side of the tent, helping keep your tent cool in the Summer months, as well as preventing bugs and insects from entering.
The inside of the tent has two storage pockets where you can store your small electrical devices, as well as a lantern hook to keep your tent illuminated when it’s dark.
There is also an electrical access port, where you can run your power cord to a power source outside your tent.
The only downside we found with this tent is it can be difficult to fold up and stored in the carry bag if you don’t have much experience with tents.
- Easy to setup
- Includes storage pockets
- It’s difficult to fold up
This Mobihome 6 Person Family Tent comes in multiple different colors; you’ll be able to choose from blue, gray, or orange, depending on your preference.
Similar to the previous option on this list, this tent is perfect for beginner campers as it’s super-easy to set up, and shouldn’t take any longer than a few minutes.
- INSTANT QUICK UP TENT - Special hub system design for single operation - Up in seconds, down in a flash; Set up in minutes - Roll it out, lock your poles, pull the drawstring and QUICK UP the tent;
- DURABLE & VENTILATIVE - 190T polyester camping tent fly; Sturdy, watertight PE tent floor; Breathable micro mesh roofs & 3 windows & door with rainfly for excellent ventilation;
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Compact and portable family tent for easy setup; Water repellent fabrics, reinforced/heat sealed seams and fully taped rainfly,door/window seals and anchor points;
In addition, it’s got a micro-mesh roof, 3 windows, and a large door, meaning sufficient ventilation won’t be an issue.
The inside has enough space for two adults and up to three children; however, you can fit an extra person in, but you’ll be compromising on a little space.
That’s why we recommend only buying this tent if you’re camping as a family, as it won’t be able to fit 6 full-sized adults.
Furthermore, you’ll get a rainfly included with this tent that will prevent water from entering when you’re experiencing bad weather. It’s important that you don’t forget to add the rainfly, otherwise the tent isn’t protected due to an open-top roof.
It’s also worth mentioning that the floor is made from 120G PE, which is a 100% waterproof material, so you won’t have to worry about any water getting in from underneath this tent.
We also discovered that this tent doesn’t provide enough room to stand up in, which can be an inconvenience if you need to stretch your legs when it’s raining outside.
- Multiple colors
- Mesh roof
- 3 Windows
- Great ventilation
- Can’t stand up inside this tent
If it’s a lightweight tent you’re looking for, then the Wnnideo Pop Up Camping Tent is what we recommend.
As you’d expect with most lightweight tents, it’s super-easy to set up and features a pop-up design, which is ideal if you don’t have much experience with tents.
- This lightweight 4-person pop up tent with 2 large D-style door and all sides go all the way to the ground, and it was made out of no transparency material for good privacy so that you do not worry...
- Seamed floor and Pre-assembled poles make this tent a easy 10-second setup integrated freestanding shelter which is best suited for surfaces where it is impossible to use tent stakes (of course, tent...
- Dome top design perform as well on wind resistance as Pyramid shaped shelter. Hexagon weather Tec system with patented welded floors and inverted seams not only keep you dry but also makes the tent...
The tent itself is made with double walls and doors, providing you with excellent ventilation. This unique design also means the doors can be zipped up and turned into walls, keeping you warm when camping in the Winter months.
Furthermore, the pyramid design on this tent means it can hold up in strong winds without becoming damaged or blowing over, which is great if you’re going to be camping in harsh environments.
In addition, it uses a Hexagon weather tec system to keep you dry when it’s raining outside…
No weather is too harsh for this tent.
It also contains multiple mesh windows which not only provides great ventilation but also prevents any nasty insects from entering the tent, which is a blessing if you don’t like to be hassled by mosquitos all night.
So what about the downsides of owning this tent?
The only thing we found is that it doesn’t include any instructions; however, if you’ve camped before, then this shouldn’t be an issue.
- Easy setup
- Double walls and doors design
- Doesn’t include instructions
If you’re looking for a tent that provides plenty of room, then this one is for you. It has a 149cm center height, which is enough room for you to stand up if you need to move around or stretch your legs.
The shape and design of this tent makes it resistant to strong winds and it also is able to withstand heavy rains, making it great for camping in the WInter. It includes a rainfly for added protection.
No products found.
Inside the tent are multiple storage bags attached to the walls where you can store your personal belongings and electrical devices.
There is also an access point where you can run a power cord outside the tent and into an electrical socket, allowing you to charge your mobile phone or tablet.
If you remove the rainfly, you’ll be presented with an open-top mesh roof design, which is great for providing you with ventilation. These windows allow you to see the stars and surrounding area.
In addition, the mesh windows do a great job at keeping mosquitoes and other insects from entering your tent when you’re trying to sleep.
The only issue we found is that it can be difficult to fold up and put back in the bag provided.
- 149cm center height
- Inside storage pockets
- Mesh roof for watching the stars
- Hard to fold back up after use
Alpha Camp is a sub-company of Alpha Mart. Alpha Mart specializes in everything from tents to kitchen accessories.
The Alpha Camp 6 Person Family Tent’s most prominent feature is the ability to handle extreme weather conditions, thanks to the premium materials used in the design process.
Furthermore, there are multiple mesh windows on the sides and roof of this tent, allowing you to see the surrounding area as well as the stars when the weather is good.
- 🔨【Easy Assembly】 A complete set of pole sleeves＆dome design makes setup quick and easy, 5 minutes
- 📩【Package Included】Tent, tent poles, rainfly, tent stakes, carry bag
- 🙏【1 Year Guarantee】 We try to make camping tents as good as we can. If there is any part missing or damaged, free replacement or refund promised
If the weather isn’t good, then you’re going to need to add the rainfly included to make sure you stay protected from heavy rain.
The mesh windows also do a great job at keeping this tent well ventilation, as well as keeping mosquitos and other insects away from your tent.
Inside the tent you’ll benefit from multiple storage pockets and an electrical access port, allowing you to keep your electrical devices fully charged while camping.
In addition, there is also a hook attached to the ceiling of the tent. This can be used to hang a lantern or clothes.
So what about the downsides?
We discovered this tent is’nt very beginner-friendly to set up and takes longer than some of the other tents on this list; however, if you’re an experienced camper it shouldn’t be a problem.
- Reputable brand
- Can handle extreme weather
- Includes rainfly
- Multiple storage pockets
- Lantern hook
- Can be difficult and time-consuming to set up
The Vidalido 6 Person Dome Camping Tent comes in three great colors: white, gray, or yellow. We love the yellow as it makes it feel more like a traditional teepee.
One of the great things about this tent is that it’s very tall, giving you plenty of space if you need to stand up and move around.
- MULTIFUNCTION USE:Conical appearance, with enough space and height inside, can make people stand inside the tent without restriction.When you travel outdoors, if you need to change clothes, this tent...
- SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION:The tipi family tent is made of anti-tear 190T patterned polyester and 150D Oxford fabric for long lasting performance. Premium anti-rust and reinforced steel tent poles provide...
- COST PERFORMANCE:This tent has a capacity of 5-6 people! Perfect for family camping or adventures with friends. This is the perfect family tent for any adventure! High Quality,Extremely...
Also, the inner and outer layers can be separated, creating two different tents. One can be used as your main camping tent. and the other as a temporary changing room.
Furthermore, this tent is made with anti-teat 190T polyester which is 100% waterproof. In addition, you’ll be well protected against any harsh wind, thanks to the premium steel poles that keep this tent together.
While this tent doesn’t have any windows with both the inner and outer layers attached, if you decide to remove the outer layer, you’ll get a 360-degree view of your surroundings as well as the sky.
This tent shouldn’t take two people any longer than 5 minutes to set up if you’re an experienced camper. On the flip side, if you’re a beginner it should be up and running in a little as 15 minutes.
We looked around and couldn’t find much at fault with the Vidalido Tent; however, we did discover that it’s difficult to get back into the storage bag after use.
- Inner and outer layers can be removed
- Good center height
- 360-degree views with outer layer removed
- Easy setup
- Can be difficult to get back into the storage bag
The great thing about the KingCamp 6 Person tent is that it contains two detachable rooms, making it great for camping with friends and family.
In addition, the door has a large awning that protects the tent from rain and can provide shelter from the sun if you’re planning to use this tent in the Summer.
- DESIGN: It has 2 separated and detachable rooms, spacious inner space is big enough for 6 adults, perfect for family use in outdoor camping. Door awning with 2 steel poles can protect the inner from...
- FRONT AND BACK DOORS: Front and back doors design for easy entry and make sure the tent ventilated and cool. Polyester mesh keeps safe from the insects and mosquitoes. The inside pockets are used to...
- FIRE-RESISTANT AND DURABLE: With 12 ropes and 46 steel nails, it can firmly stand on the ground and strong enough to stand up even in stiff winds. The flysheet is made of 185T polyester with PU...
There are two doors on either side of the tent, providing great ventilation and easy access points. When closed, these doors have a small window made from mesh, preventing mosquitos and other insects from entering.
Furthermore, the tent is designed to keep you well protected in harsh weather conditions such as rain and heavy winds. It’s also made with fire-resistant materials, so you won’t have to worry about your tent going up in flames.
Inside the tent are multiple storage pockets, allowing you to keep your small personal belongings and electrical devices safe. There is also a hook on the ceiling where you can hang a lantern or clothes to dry.
Kingcamp has stated that this tent is easy to set up and shouldn’t take any longer than 5 minutes, making it a great beginner-friendly option.
- Multiple rooms
- Large door awning
- Two doors
- Storage pockets
If you’re looking for a tent that has a built-in LED lighting system, then the Coleman Elite Sundome Tent is the one for you.
The lighting system built into the tent allows campers to read, play games, and enjoy you’re camping experience without having to sit in the dark.
You could just hang a light on the ceiling hook included with most tents; however, a built-in LED system is much more simple to use.
- Dome tent fits 6 camp pads or 2 queen-size air mattresses
- Built-in LED lighting system with 3 brightness settings delivers up to 100 lumens
- Easy setup in only 10 minutes with snag-free continuous pole sleeves
Also, you’ll be able to change the brightness, which is great if your friends or family are trying to sleep but you want to continue reading.
The inside of the tent has enough room to hold two queen-sized air beds, making it great if you’re going to be camping with friends and family.
Although this tent can hold 6 people, it still has a compact and lightweight design, which is great for camping.
Furthermore, the Coleman Elite Sundome Tent has two large windows and a ground vent, which is perfect if you’re going to be camping in the Summer and want a tent that stays well ventilated.
So what about the downsides?
The only thing we found is that the instructions aren’t very clear, which could be a problem if you’ve never set up a tent before.
- Built-in LED lighting system
- Lightweight and compact
- Instructions aren’t clear
The Standing Room 6-Person Cabin Tent is a little different from most tents you’ll find on the market. To start with, it looks more like a little house than it does a tent, which can be considered a blessing.
The reason for this is because you can stand up and walk around, even in the corners of this tent. Not only that, but it’s very spacious and provides enough room to store your equipment in, as well as up to 6 people.
While it may look a little complicated to set up — it’s actually not. If you follow the instructions provided, you should be able to get it set up in as little as five minutes.
To access this tent, you can use one of the two large doors provided. Not only do the large doors make entering the tent easy, but they also provide great ventilation. Also, there are two large zipped windows so you can see outside the tent.
Inside the tent are four storage pockets for small personal belongings, as well as loop ties, allowing you to hang your towels and clothes.
In summary, if you decide this tent isn’t for you, you’ll be covered by a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you might as well give it a go.
- Very spacious
- Can easily stand up and walk around
- Easy setup
- Large zipped windows
- Two doors
If you’ve ever spent time in a teepee before, then you’ve probably experienced the cozy feeling they provide. The Winterial 6 Person Teepee Tent provides the same feeling, just as a smaller alternative.
Like most standard teepees, this one is great at protecting you from harsh weather conditions such as rain and wind thanks to the 210T polyester fabric.
The inside of the tent reaches a center height of 10 feet, meaning you can stand up and walk around in this teepee tent, without ever having to worry about hitting your head on the ceiling.
- ALL PURPOSE TENT - The Winterial 4 Season Teepee Tent for adults features a 6-7 people capacity and sets up quick and easy! A perfect choice for family camping, backpacking and all-around adventuring.
- EASY & FAST SETUP - The Winterial Teepee Tent was designed with ease of setup in mind. Simply stake down all outside points, pitch the tent with the single center pole and stake the integrated...
- 4 SEASON DESIGN - Constructed with ultra tough and waterproof 210T polyester, waterproof stitching and featuring multiple air vents, the Winterial Teepee Tent is the perfect all-weather tent.
While you might think teepees are difficult to set up, this one is actually surprisingly easy. Two people can have this tent set up in as little as 5 minutes, which is very fast considering how big it is.
In fact, this tent is so good that it has been recommended by former Marines for its ability to stand the test of time.
How about the downsides?
We noticed a few customers complain about how the top doesn’t have a screen to keep out the mosquitos.
- Very spacious
- Large center height
- Can be used in snow
- Teepee design
- Not the best at keeping the mosquitos out
What To Consider When Buying A 6 Person Tent
If you want to get the best 6-person tent, then you’re going to need to look out for the following to ensure you get the best deal…
The center height of a tent determines whether or not you’ll be able to stand up and move around freely.
If the center height of your tent is low, then you won’t be able to stand up without hitting your head on the ceiling. This can be a major inconvenience if you like your tent to feel as spacious as possible.
For this reason, we recommend sticking with a tent with a high center height; however, this is optional — hence why we also added tents with a low center height to this list.
The most popular tents with a high center height are cabin and teepee-style tents.
If you’re looking to buy a 6-person tent, then you’re probably going to be camping with quite a few people. For this reason, it’s important to choose a tent with storage pockets.
If you choose a tent without storage pockets, you won’t have anywhere to store your small personal belongings and could end up losing them around the campsite if you’re not careful.
If you’re camping with friends, then you’re probably;y going to want your own room. Luckily, there are a lot of 6-person tents that have separate rooms.
If you don’t mind sleeping in the same room as your friends, then the separate rooms are a great extra as they provide extra space to store your personal belongings and equipment.
Furthermore, if you’re a parent camping with your kids, then the separate rooms are great as they can provide extra privacy.
How Do You Camp Comfortably In A Tent?
Our biggest piece of advice when it comes to making sure your tent is as comfortable as possible is to ditch the sleeping bags and replace them with air mattresses.
The reason for this is because air mattresses mimic a bed, making them more comfortable to sleep on, as opposed to a sleeping bag.
Also, getting a new tent is like buying a new pair of shoes — It’s going to take a while to break into before it becomes comfortable.
What Is The Purpose Of A Tent?
The main purpose of a tent is to provide you with sufficient shelter and protect you from the elements. That’s why it’s important to get a tent that is designed to last, otherwise, it may end up breaking at the worst possible time; like in the middle of a storm.
Is Camping In A Tent Safe?
The short and simple answer is yes. People have been camping in tents for years, and rarely run into any issues.
There are two things we recommend doing to ensure your camping experience goes as smoothly as possible.
The first is to make sure you don’t store food in your tent overnight as it may attract bears, and the last thing you need is a bear trying to break into your tent in the early hours of the morning.
The second is to make sure you get a tent that is high-quality and can withstand the elements.
Whether you’re upgrading your current tent, or buying one for the first time, a 6-person tent is a great choice as it gives you plenty of room without adding too much extra weight.
If you have any questions regarding a 6-person tent, then drop a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.